While statement-making borders and fringes seem to garner all of the glory, especially in the social media spotlight, it’s these hard-working basics—strie braids and cords—that designers rely on every day to get the job done.
Make no mistake, these basics are anything but. Be it ribbing, a sheen, or a dry hand or texture, each of these essentials, though plain at a glance, bring something significant to the table—or, more likely, a chair. They can transform a design, taking your windows, upholstery, pillows and walls from ordinary to extraordinary.
You don’t need pattern to pack a powerful punch with strie braids and cords.
With the colors of Cambridge and a designer’s eye, anything is possible. What they lack in pattern, these essentials make up for in versatility and their power to elevate a design in an instant.
The Cambridge Collection
A cornerstone collection, Cambridge features braids in two widths and a micro cord with tape.
- Cambridge Strie Braid, 1.5″ (38 MM) and 9/16″ (13 MM)
- 1/8″ (2.5 MM) Cord with Tape
- 100+ colors, from neutrals to saturated brights
- Available in a range of 8 metallic colorways
- Cambridge Strie Braids are woven of mercerized cotton and feature a subtle ribbed texture making them a versatile component of traditional to transitional and contemporary interiors.
- The Cambridge Cord with Tape has a distinctive, refined weave and scale that gives a tailored look to upholstery and soft furnishings.
Photo by Nicholas Mele