WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR COOKIES ON THE WEBSITE?
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT COOKIES?
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES?
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
2. WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT COOKIES? A cookie is a small piece of data typically consisting of letters and numbers. When you visit a website, that website may send a cookie to your browser. Subsequently, the browser may store the cookie on your computer or mobile device for some time (cookie expiration date depends on its type). Cookies are used to recognise your device and collect certain information about your use of websites. Thus, over time, cookies allow websites to “remember” your actions and preferences. There are several types of cookies, namely, (i) persistent cookies, which remain valid until deleted by you, (ii) cookies that remain valid until their expiration date, and (iii) session cookies that are stored on a web browser and remain valid until the moment the browser is closed. Cookies may also be (i) first-party cookies (set by the original website itself) and (ii) third-party cookies (placed by third-party websites).
3. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE? We use different types of cookies on the Website, including:
• Essential technical cookies that are strictly necessary to ensure the correct functioning of the Website and provide the services requested by you;
• Preference cookies that allow us to store your preferred language and location; and
• Statistics cookies that allow us to generate statistical reports about how you use the Website.
Below, you can find a list of cookies that we use on the Website, including their purpose and expiration time:
|Essential technical cookies|
|30 days||The cookie is used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.|
|1 day||The cookie is used to determine whether you have opted out from third-party cookies.|
|1 year||The cookie is used to record whether you have accepted cookies.|
|7 days||The cookie is used to keep track of where you left off in the semi-custom tour.|
|1 day||The cookie is used to keep track of your logged in status.|
|5 years||The cookie is used to identify you across devices and visits, in order to optimize the chat-box function on the Website|
|i, vc, vn||samuelandsons.com|
|Persistent||The cookies allow the Website to recognize you, in order to optimize the chat-box functionality.|
|7 days||The cookie is used to save your selected language preference.|
|2 years||The cookie is used to register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how you use the Website.|
|1 day||The cookie is used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.|
|1 day||The cookie is used to register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how you use the Website.|
|Persistent||The cookie identifies the last page visited by you. This is used in order to make the chat-box function more relevant.|
|Persistent||The cookie is used to collect information about how you interact with the live chat function on the Website.|
4. COOKIE CONSENT When you visit the Website for the first time, we will ask you to provide us with your consent to our use of all cookies via a cookie consent banner. If you do not provide your opt-in consent, we will not serve you our non-essential cookies. Please note that we may not be able to provide you with the best possible user experience on the Website if not all cookies are enabled.
5. HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES? When we ask you to provide your consent to our use of non-essential cookies, you have the freedom not to provide such consent. If you would like to refuse our use of non-essential cookies later, you can do it at any time by declining cookies in your browser or device. For more information, you can consult the cookie management instructions of your browser:
• Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
• Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
• Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
• Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
• Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
6. GOOGLE ANALYTICS To analyze your use of the Website, we use Google Analytics, the business analytics service provided by Google LLC located in the United States (“Google”). Google generates statistical information by means of cookies and creates reports about your use of the Website. The cookies served by Google Analytics are anonymous first-party cookies (please refer to section 3 for more information) that do not allow us to identify you in any manner. The information generated by cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. To ensure your privacy, your IP address will be anonymized and Google will not combine your IP address with other information Google holds about you. Thus, Google will not be able to identify you. In certain cases (e.g., when required by law or when third parties conduct services on behalf of Google), Google may transfer the information to third parties. For more information about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. If you would like to opt out from Google Analytics, you can do so by installing a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
United States (global)
Postal address: Samuel & Sons 983 Third Avenue New York, NY 10022, USA
Postal address: Samuel and Sons Unit 3.13, Chelsea Design Centre Chelsea Harbour, London SW10 0XE, United Kingdom
Postal address: Samuel & Sons Passementerie 72, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré 75008 Paris France